I am really big into podcasts.
I have always found them immensely helpful in helping me understand what it is I am looking to vocalize and teach people. There's something different about saying it out loud versus writing it. And often times, I leave a podcast with even more clarity around what I "know" than when I had originally walked in.
Recently, I was invited by Phoebe Chongchua to stop by her podcast, The Brand Journalism Advantage, specifically to talk about Personal Branding.
I shared: 5 Top Tips How To Build A Personal Brand
- “What’s Your Why” - Know your Why so that people see you as a true thought leader.
- Choose Your Channels Carefully – Don’t waste time on “popular” social channels if that’s not where your core audience is.
- Consistency With Content – Come up with a content schedule for yourself and stick to it (and create today what is better than what you created yesterday).
- Collaborate More Than You Post – Collaboration with other thought leaders is how you grow your audience and establish your credibility in your space/market.
- Update Your Image – On the Internet, people DO judge books by their cover, so make sure all your materials and content reflect the professionalism of your personal brand.